According to the Canadian Institute for Health Information, more than 2 million Canadians provide care to a loved one with long-term health problems.
Many caregivers don’t even realize they are caregivers until someone asks them what else they are doing. They stop and think and have no answer because their days are filled with caregiving tasks that leave little time for much else.
Do any of these statements sound familiar?
- I feel stressed/frustrated because of my caregiving responsibilities.
- I take time off work to take a family member or friend to medical appointments.
- I do shopping or run errands for more than my household.
- I wake up in the middle of the night worrying about the person I’m caring for.
- I don’t participate in activities I enjoy because I haven’t got time or energy!
- I am overwhelmed with the amount of work it takes to help someone I love.
- I’ve stopped asking friends to visit because my house is such a mess.
- I think I have reached the end of my rope and don’t know who to talk to.
If you answered YES to some of these statements and you live in the Greater Toronto area, mark your calendar and plan to attend:
Friday, May 14, 2016
Ontario Science Centre, Toronto
This one-day event is designed to help family caregivers discover products and services to help them on their caregiving journey. Many caregivers have been thrust into the role by circumstance and may not be familiar with the various community resources available to them.
Admission is FREE, but you must pre-register at www.caregivershow.ca