We don’t’ call ourselves “Downsizing Diva” for nothing! After years of experience in the Senior Move Management business, we know the most challenging part of move preparation is the downsizing part!
We work with our clients to:
- Determine what to take to their new home
- Pack and unpack all the boxes
- Put everything away
- Leave their new home feeling familiar, comfortable and safe
When all is said and done, the biggest challenge is making sure there is enough storage space at the new home for…clothes and shoes!
Downsizing Diva’s Storage Tips:
- You wear 20% of your clothes 80% of the time so just keep the clothes you feel great wearing and it will be much easier to organize your closet and your life!
- Install double-hanging closet rods, shoe racks, shelves and storage containers to add lots more storage space.
- The top shelves in your closet are the most difficult to access. Use these shelves for infrequently used items; remember to remove everything from these shelves annually and donate/discard items you haven’t used recently.
- Square or rectangular boxes, not round ones, maximize drawer/shelf space. Clear boxes help you find what you are looking for…faster.
- Use decorative boxes to hold smaller items and store them in plain sight.
- Innovative organizing accessories will make the most of your available space.
And the best organizing rule of all …
Every time you bring one new item into your house, donate one used item.
Someone else will be thankful for what you’ve decided to let go!