These days, the weather may not be predictable but it’s still a great time to tackle some outside organizing AND downsizing projects before it gets too cold.
Here are SEVEN Diva Tips to get you started….
- PLANTS – Prepare your gardens for winter weather. Protect evergreens and cut back perennials so everything is ready to start blooming as soon as the weather turns warmer in the spring.
- OUTDOOR FURNITURE – Make sure everything is in good repair before putting it into storage. If tables and chairs are too large to move indoors, invest in good quality covers to protect them from the elements!
- GARDEN DÉCOR – Time to round up elves and gnomes, solar lights and clay and ceramic pots and move them inside. If you have large planters that are left outside, wait until the soil is dry and cover them with plastic to keep out the snow. It’s the moisture and constant thawing and freezing that can cause planters to crack in cold weather!
- GARAGE – Clear surplus items you have been storing in the garage and make room for your car over the winter. It will be much easier getting going on a snowy winter morning when you don’t have to shovel out your car first!
- HOLIDAY LIGHTS – Don’t wait…install strings of holiday lights now and power them up later! If you complete this task now, you can look forward to sitting inside enjoying a warm drink while your neighbours are braving the elements and putting up their lights in November or December!
- EXTERIOR LIGHTS — While you’re at it, check ALL outside lights, including the floodlights by your front and back doors. It gets dark early and it’s so nice to have a welcoming light when you arrive home.
- SHOVELS + SNOW-BLOWERS – Make sure the snow-blower is tuned up and ready to go. Move shovels to the front of the garage and they will be ready for the first snowfall.
What are you waiting for?
Winter will be here before you know it!