We’ve had a bit of excitement recently at Downsizing Diva!
Over the past couple of weeks, there’s been some great media coverage in the US and, fortunately for us, an article in The New York Times was picked up by the Toronto Star and CBC Radio!
On Friday, August 25th, we were interviewed by Pia Chattopadhyay on CBC’s The Current. We joined Linda Hochstetler (a social worker who is helping her parents downsize) and Plum Johnson (an Author who wrote about her experience clearing her parent’s home).
These days so many people are letting go of stuff and many of them are discovering their children and grandchildren have little interest in the times they are declaring surplus to their needs.
Senior Move Managers and the work NASMM members do was profiled in a number of media articles:
- August 18th, 2017 – The New York Times published an article, Aging Parents with Lots of Stuff, and Children Who Don’t Want It. Whoa, it really hit a nerve and NASMM, of which we are proud members, was featured in the article with quotes and a link to the website – www.nasmm.org
- Due to significant and unusually high reader interest and comments, The New York Times published a follow-up article on Tuesday, August 22nd, ‘Just Use the China’ or ‘Call 1-800-Got-Junk’: Readers on Inheriting Keepsakes.
- The original article was “The Most Viewed” article on The New York Times website for three (3) days last week when – let’s be honest – a few other things were happening in the country and around the world!
- To date, on The New York Times Facebook page, the original article has received 16,000 reactions, 5,000 comments, and over 10,000 shares – a big win for social media posts!
- But it doesn’t stop there! The author of the original NYT article, Tom Verde, was a guest on the highly rated SiriusXM radio show, The Michael Smerconish Show. (Michael Smerconish also hosts a CNN show). Tom mentions Senior Move Management when discussing the article with Michael.
- Then on Wednesday, August 23rd, The Observer published an article, Why Are Millennials Rejecting Prized Family Possessions? that linked to the original NYT article and restated quotes from NASMM.
- *** This hot topic traveled north to Canada as well! On Friday, August 25th, NASMM’s own Downsizing Diva, Karen Shinn, was featured on the popular national CBC radio station, The Current. To hear the interview, CLICK on Listen 20:21 directly under the photo on the LEFT side of the website. Karen begins speaking around minute 8:20. ***
- Saturday, August 26th, Jennifer Pickett was featured on CNBC’s On The Money program. This link only shows just a portion of Jennifer’s interview, but you get the idea.
Looking for help with downsizing, organizing or moving?
Give us a call at 416-757-0319.